Pandell Readies Packaged Offering for Legacy Application Conversion
Calgary, AB – (November 05, 2006) Many organizations rely on software applications that are outdated and are rapidly nearing the end of their useful life. Not only are these applications not keeping up with the needs of the business, they are difficult to enhance or support. Even though companies should update or replace these programs, the cost and risk of doing so is holding many of them back.
For these organizations, Pandell has an answer. Pandell's technology group is preparing a packaged offering to help our customers significantly reduce the risk when converting their old mission-critical applications to new state-of-the-art solutions. In addition, Pandell's Software-as-a-Service business model will include ongoing application support both during and after the transition. "Over the coming years, many organizations will be facing this dilemma", says Joel Pollard, Manager of Client Services for Pandell. "We will be providing an end-to-end solution to help our customers solve this problem."
Pandell's packaged offering for legacy application conversion will include:
- Structured reverse engineering process.
- Knowledgeable team with proven expertise in building and supporting large-scale, mission-critical systems for up to 25,000 users.
- Pandell Liquid Intelligence, a unique technology that provides faster startup and lower operating costs by delivering business applications through its Software-as-a-Service model.
Benefits of Pandell's Approach:
In developing this packaged offering, Pandell has utilized its years of experience in both supporting and migrating older legacy applications to new technology. The benefits of Pandell’s solution for clients include:
- Delivers new state-of-the-art solutions that meet the needs of the business
- Lowers the risk of conversion by using a packaged solution
- Can be designed to minimize upfront capital expenditures
- Reduces ongoing operating costs
"We believe Pandell is a unique position to offer a complete solution to our clients by combining a step-by-step approach with, experienced people, and unique technology", says Greg Chudiak, President & CEO of Pandell.
Pandell is an industry leader in delivering Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions to 500+ energy companies in Canada, the USA, and abroad. Our customers range from startups to major enterprises across energy sectors including oil & gas, pipelines, utilities, mining, and renewable energy. Our cloud-hosted product suite helps finance, land, and field operations run their business more effectively; while our enterprise division builds and manages large-scale web portal applications that facilitate work across organizations. Combining the strength of our industry experience, Lithium™ technology, and practical software subscription model, we are Crafting the Future of Energy Software.